- This event has passed.
31st October 2020
Land of the Fanns Short Film Competition
Are you a budding filmmaker?
Send us your short film from around the Land of the Fanns focusing on a local place that is special to you and tell us why.
Enter our short film competition for amateur filmmakers for your chance to win one of three prizes in vouchers (1st prize £80, 2nd prize £50, 3rd prize £20). Films from the competition will be used in Land of the Fanns marketing, social media and on the website. Films need to be under 2 minutes long and can be in whatever style you like.
Have you discovered a hidden gem in your local area you may not have visited before lockdown.
Maybe you’ve taken a regular walk to a local heritage building near your home.
Where ever your lockdown travels have been taking you, we’d love to hear about it.
And lets share our appreciation of what’s around us.
Films will be judged in two categories:
- Adults and Young People (12+)
- Children (11 and below)
Send your film(s), along with a title, your name, address, telephone number and brief description of what/where your film is of to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 October 2020.
The Land of the Fanns is an intricate landscape, full of surprises and ‘hidden gems’ which straddles the London – Essex boundary and encompasses significant parts of Havering, Thurrock, Barking & Dagenham and Brentwood.
We are looking for videos which capture the essence of the area – the landscape, heritage and the community. Most of us now have a very high quality video camera in the form of a mobile phone. Use it (or dedicated camera equipment) to produce your own film. Just make sure it is no longer than 2 minutes in length. The competition is open to all ages and abilities.
- Entrants can submit up to 3 films. Age to be advised if under 16.
- Copyright for all films will remain with the respective entrants.
- The creator should agree, unconditionally, that the films submitted may be exhibited and that the Land of the Fanns, National Lottery Heritage Fund and partners may reproduce any of the films for the purposes of promotion, marketing, discussion and education, including publications, postcards, posters, website, social media, etc.
- The creator is credited for the use of their work.
- A statement must be issued to say that the entry is the creator’s own work.
- Each entry must state when and where the film was taken.
- Films must be provided as a digital file, as mp4 and sent as an attachment to email@example.com. If the file is too large to be sent over email, files up to 2gb can be sent via WeTransfer: wetransfer.com
- Your film must NOT be in breach of any copyright, including music or sound used in your film. If you need free soundtracks these can be found online for example, YouTube Audio Library.
- The film must be suitable for public viewing; i.e. no explicit content.