Land of the Fanns Model Building Competition
0Are you a budding builder?
Show off your engineering and creative skills by building a local place in the Land of the Fanns that is special to you with items from inside your home.
Enter our competition by submitting a photo of your model building for your chance to win one of three prizes.
The models can be built from anything you can find in your home, building blocks, paper, crafts, recycling etc. The model can be of your favourite building, landscape or hidden gem in your local area.
Examples from a member of the Land of the Fanns team:
Have you discovered a hidden gem in your local area you may not have visited before lockdown.
Maybe you’ve taken a regular walk to a local heritage building near your home.
Where ever your lockdown travels have been taking you, we’d love to see it.
And lets share our appreciation of what’s around us.
The models will be judged in two categories:
- Adults and Young People (12+)
- Children (11 and below)
Send your photo of your model, along with a title, your name, address, telephone number and brief description of what/where your model is of to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 15th March 2021.
The Land of the Fanns is an intricate landscape, full of surprises and ‘hidden gems’ which straddles the London – Essex boundary and encompasses significant parts of Havering, Thurrock, Barking & Dagenham and Brentwood. We are looking for models which capture the essence of the area – the landscape, heritage and the community.
- Entrants can submit up to 3 models. Age to be advised if under 16.
- The creator should agree, unconditionally, that the photos of the models submitted may be exhibited and that the Land of the Fanns, National Lottery Heritage Fund and partners may reproduce any of the films for the purposes of promotion, marketing, discussion and education, including publications, postcards, posters, website, social media, etc.
- The creator is credited for the use of their work.
- A statement must be issued to say that the entry is the creator’s own work.
- Each entry must state when and what the model is based on.
- The competition is open to all ages and abilities.
- Photos must be provided as a digital file and sent as an attachment to email@example.com. If the file is too large to be sent over email, files up to 2gb can be sent via WeTransfer: wetransfer.com